Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Maybe I'm Amazed

I am continually and genuinely AMAZED when a self-proclaimed, or friend-endorsed, "incredible" woman becomes fixated and stagnant in her approach to dating.

Mind you, it's the same woman who will jump the line, take the last sesame bagel, yell at bad drivers, squeeze into the subway as the doors are closing, etc. never thinking twice, all while smiling and subtly flaunting her power. AND I LOVE IT!!! Infuriates sometimes, yes, but, dammit, I love her for it. She makes things happen.

So when that same woman sits and laments nothing is "happening" in her love life, it's, frankly, nothing less than sad. What if that same ferocity and grace used to steal my cab were set to find companionship or even love?

I bet it would be amazing. I bet it would be epic. I bet it would be something worth writing and sharing and penning for all time. What power, what grace, what strength. What a woman!

Instead of saying "Hang on, it'll happen" (which is the WORST advice anywhere in the world, BTW) I say simply: If "he" hasn't come into your life, maybe, right now, you aren't the woman "he" wants. You don't need to change, you may need to improve.

There are many "he"s out there waiting to see that kind of woman in action. The good ones will grab her, the great ones will never let her go.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I agree that the worst advice is "it will happen". Tbe only ones that say that are the ones that are in a current relationship. How quickly people forget what it is like to be single.

Why is being single so looked down upon? Is there the same pressure for men as there is for women? If I go to one more shower (baby, weddings, or otherwise) where someone asks me, "Do you have a boyfriend yet?" I think that I am going to make a scene. What that scene will be... well, I am not sure but no one would ask anyone that question ever again.