Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Hello.

Shit.

All she had to do was say, "Good bye". All I had to do was say, "Good luck with the move."

Instead she said, "I have a lot of things I will have to throw away. Do you need any plates?" Instead I said, "Yeah, I could use some."

Still, we're fine unless..."When do you get off work? Feel free to swing by whenever if you can get an excuse to get out of the office."

Fuck.

Too late.

The trigger just clicked, the switch just flipped, the tumblers just fell into place.

And now I'm in a dream state in the middle of the day. I might as well have had 3 bourbons. Everything's in slow motion.

I don't NEED an excuse to leave work, I can at any time. The movie is already playing in my head. Crystal-clear HD visions. Flashes of scenes. Of the front door. Of boxes. Of T-shirts. Of beer. Of laughs. Of gorgeous hair and an incredible body. Of skin. Of sweat. Of breath.

And all I have to do...is show up.

The plan is set, it's all in motion, like watching a glass fall to the ground. Just out of reach. But you already know the outcome.

Does anyone else experience triggers like this?

No comments: