Saturday, February 14, 2009

Suppose She's Miss Understood

Suppose I met someone recently. Suppose that girl was pretty. damn! cool. Suppose her and her friends acted like they owned the place. Suppose when I first saw her I knew we would meet and hang, at least a little. (C'mon! I always suppose Serendipity did it's part by having us in the same place at the same time, it's my job after that.) Suppose, at that place and time, she had a little buzz. And a little attitude. Suppose I like a little attitude. Just suppose I like a little challenge.

And maybe amongst great stories of past conquests, she provided only bits of info and no contact, save, OMG WTF BBQ, a blog. That, I think, would be enough to find her. FYI, don't suppose that!

And maybe, Serendipity, with a little nudge, went to work again. Suppose I got to hang with her sans friends. Suppose when she spoke about life, the city, her passions, her eyes shined. Suppose she shined.

Suppose commonalities were found. Suppose a good part of the initial attitude melted like the ice in her glass. Suppose great charm emerged. And whatever walls there are, came down just a little. Just enough to show a softer heart and honest enthusiasm about life and family. Suppose a moment was shared. Suppose two. Suppose I understood a little more than attitude.

If all of that were to take place, I suppose I might like to see her again. I suppose, when inspiration hit, I might like to write about it. Good thing this didn't happen then. Because if it did, and we did, and I did, and she did, then there'd be a chance, just a sliver of a chance really, maybe too small to mention. Maybe too small to wonder. But maybe, perhaps...just supposing. Then there's a chance she could be reading this. right now. I suppose me writing this may be unwise. I suppose I'll let someone else decide.

UPDATE: Haha, and it looks like she did. There's no way I am going to feel bad about this. She was/is a great girl. I had a great time. I'll regret this post because of the needlessly lost opportunity, but I won't apologize for it or for expressing myself while being inspired. I've clamped that down in the past and it only leads to worse things. However, she will be the last to know I blog. I sincerely wish her well, she is a fun, creative person. Then again, so am I.

No comments: